from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of the highest rank; preeminent.
- n. A listing of items in a group, such as schools or sports teams, according to a system of rating or a record of performance.
- n. A position in such a list.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having a specified rank
- adj. superior
- n. One’s relative placement in a list.
- v. Present participle of rank.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of one who ranks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a higher rank
- n. position on a scale in relation to others in a sport
Sorry, no etymologies found.