from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of making something subordinate.
- n. The property of being subordinate.
- n. The quality of being properly obedient to a superior (as a superior officer).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of subordinating, placing in a lower order, or subjecting.
- n. The quality or state of being subordinate or inferior to an other; inferiority of rank or dignity; subjection.
- n. Place of inferior rank.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of subordinating, subjecting, or placing in a lower order, rank, or position, or in proper degrees of rank; also, the state of being subordinate or inferior; inferiority of rank or dignity.
- n. Degree of lesser rank.
- n. The state of being under control of government; subjection to rule; habit of obedience to orders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of mastering or subordinating someone
- n. the semantic relation of being subordinate or belonging to a lower rank or class
- n. the grammatical relation of a modifying word or phrase to its head
- n. the quality of obedient submissiveness
- n. the state of being subordinate to something
Sorry, no etymologies found.