from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of inactivity and metabolic depression in animals during winter.
- n. A standby state which conserves power without losing the contents of memory.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or state of hibernating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or period of hibernating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. cessation from or slowing of activity during the winter; especially slowing of metabolism in some animals
- n. the act of retiring into inactivity
- n. the torpid or resting state in which some animals pass the winter
From Latin hibernatio. (Wiktionary)