from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of bringing peace and harmony; the action of ending strife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of conciliating; the state of being conciliated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of converting from a state of jealousy, suspicion, or hostility; the act of gaining favor or good will.
- n. Reconciliation; harmonizing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of manifesting goodwill and cooperation after being reconciled
- n. the act of placating and overcoming distrust and animosity
- n. any of various forms of mediation whereby disputes may be settled short of arbitration
Sorry, no etymologies found.