from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of validating something.
- n. Something, such as a certificate, that validates something; attestation, authentication, confirmation, proof or verification.
- n. The process whereby others confirm the validity of one's emotions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of giving validity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of giving validity; a strengthening, inforcement, or confirming; an establishing or ratifying. Blount, Glossographia (1670).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of validating; finding or testing the truth of something
- n. the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof
Sorry, no etymologies found.