from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The way in which something is constituted, arranged, or planned.
- n. The gathering and organization of the equipment needed for an operation, procedure, or task.
- n. Physical makeup; physique.
- n. Body posture or carriage, especially militarily erect bearing.
- n. Informal The collective ingredients, such as ice, mixers, and glasses, necessary for serving various alcoholic drinks. Often used in the plural.
- n. A table setting, as in a restaurant.
- n. A camera position, as for a particular shot in a scene being filmed.
- n. Slang A contest prearranged to result in an easy or faked victory.
- n. Slang An endeavor intentionally made easy.
- n. Slang A deceptive scheme, such as a fraud or hoax.
- n. A plan or strategy for a projected course of action.
- n. Sports A play or pass that creates a scoring opportunity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- n. The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- n. An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody.
- n. An installer.
- n. The process of arranging resources for performing a specific operation, as a run of a particular product.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act that incriminates someone on a false charge
- n. the way something is organized or arranged
- n. equipment designed to serve a specific function
set + up (Wiktionary)