from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being functional.
- n. A useful function within a computer application or program.
- n. The capacity of a computer program or application to provide a useful function.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ability to perform a task or function; that set of functions that something is able or equipped to perform.
- n. In United States trademark law, the tendency of a product design to serve a function other than identification of the product, preventing that design from being protected as a trademark.
- n. The presence of a functional group
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of having or being a function.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capable of serving a purpose well
From functional + -ity. (Wiktionary)