from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A collection of data arranged for ease and speed of search and retrieval. Also called data bank.
- transitive v. To put (data) into a database.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A collection of (usually) organized information in a regular structure, usually but not necessarily in a machine-readable format accessible by a computer.
- n. A set of tables in a database(1).
- n. A software program for storing, retrieving and manipulating a database(1).
- n. A combination of (1) and (2).
- v. To enter data into a database
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an organized body of related information.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an organized body of related information
data + base (Wiktionary)