from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of storing goods or the state of being stored.
- n. A space for storing goods.
- n. The price charged for keeping goods stored.
- n. The charging or regenerating of a storage battery.
- n. Computer Science The part of a computer that stores information for subsequent use or retrieval.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of storing goods; the state of being stored.
- n. An object or place in which something is stored.
- n. Any computer device, including such as a disk, on which data is stored for a longer term than memory.
- n. The price charged for storing goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of depositing in a store or warehouse for safe keeping; also, the safe keeping of goods in a warehouse.
- n. Space for the safe keeping of goods.
- n. The price changed for keeping goods in a store.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of storing, in any sense; specifically, the keeping of goods in a store, warehouse, or other place of deposit.
- n. The price charged or paid for keeping goods in a storehouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (computer science) the process of storing information in a computer memory or on a magnetic tape or disk
- n. the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials
- n. the act of storing something
- n. a depository for goods
- n. an electronic memory device
- n. depositing in a warehouse
From store + -age. (Wiktionary)