from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of confronting or the state of being confronted, especially a meeting face to face.
- n. A conflict involving armed forces: a nuclear confrontation.
- n. Discord or a clash of opinions and ideas: an age of ideological confrontation.
- n. A focused comparison: an essay that brought elements of biography, autobiography, and general European history into powerful, meaningful confrontation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of confronting or challenging another, especially face-to-face
- n. A conflict between armed forces
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of confronting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of confronting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of hostile groups opposing each other
- n. a hostile disagreement face-to-face
- n. discord resulting from a clash of ideas or opinions
- n. a focussed comparison; bringing together for a careful comparison
- n. a bold challenge
Sorry, no etymologies found.