from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of interrupting, or the state of being interrupted
- n. a time interval during which there is a cessation of something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of interrupting, or breaking in upon.
- n. The state of being interrupted; a breach or break, caused by the abrupt intervention of something foreign; intervention; interposition.
- n. Obstruction caused by breaking in upon course, current, progress, or motion; stop; hindrance
- n. Temporary cessation; intermission; suspension.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of interrupting or breaking in upon anything.
- n. The state of being interrupted; the state of being impeded, checked, or stopped.
- n. Obstruction or hindrance caused by a breaking in upon any course, current, progress, or motion; stoppage: as, interruptions in the execution of a work.
- n. Cessation; intermission; interval.
- n. A prorogation of Parliament: used in the seventeenth century.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
- n. some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity
- n. an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity
Sorry, no etymologies found.