from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An interruption to the regular flow or sequence of something.
- n. A continuing act of disorder
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or rending asunder, or the state of being rent asunder or broken in pieces; breach; rent; dilaceration; rupture
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A rending asunder; a bursting apart; forcible separation or division into parts; dilaceration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an event that results in a displacement or discontinuity
- n. a disorderly outburst or tumult
- n. the act of causing disorder
- n. an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity
From Latin disruptionem (from disrumpere) (Wiktionary)