from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of ruining or the condition of being ruined.
- n. A cause of ruin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being ruined, a state of devastation or destruction.
- n. The act of ruining or wrecking.
- n. The cause of being ruined, destroyed or lost.
- n. A loss of reputation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of ruining, or the state of being ruined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of ruinating, or the state of being ruinated; ruin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined
- n. an irrecoverable state of devastation and destruction
- n. failure that results in a loss of position or reputation
- n. an event that results in destruction
Sorry, no etymologies found.