from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that destroys: a destroyer of family unity; a destroyer of our environment.
- n. A small, fast, highly maneuverable warship armed with guns, torpedoes, depth charges, and guided missiles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which destroys something.
- n. A small, fast warship with light armament, smaller than a cruiser, but bigger than a frigate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who destroys, ruins, kills, or desolates.
- n. a small fast warship used primarily as an escort to larger vessels and typically armed with a combination of 5-inch guns, torpedos, depth charges, and missiles; formerly identical to the Torpedo-boat destroyer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which destroys; one who or that which kills, ruins, or makes desolate.
- n. Specifically, a torpedo-boat destroyer. See torpedo-boat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who destroys or ruins or lays waste to
- n. a small fast lightly armored but heavily armed warship
Sorry, no etymologies found.