from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or occupy a space between.
- n. A space between two things; an interval.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A space or interval between two things; an interstice
- v. To make, or to occupy such a space
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Intervening space.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A space between objects; an intervening space; an interval.
- n. Specifically In entomology, the space between two longitudinal veins or veinlets of the wings: used especially in describing the Lepidoptera.
- To make or fill the space between; occupy the interval between.
- n. In osteol, one of the interstices of bone between the Haversian systems.
inter- + space (Wiktionary)