from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the process of modernizing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rendering modern in style; the act or process of causing to conform to modern of thinking or acting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of modernizing, or the state of being modernized. Also spelled modernisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a modernized version (as of a play)
- n. making modern in appearance or behavior
Sorry, no etymologies found.