from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A statement about or prior knowledge of the future.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of foreshowing or foretelling something future by present signs; prediction.
- n. That which foreshows; a foretoken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or prognosticating, foretelling, or foreshowing future events by present signs; a presage; a prediction.
- n. That which foreshows or foretells; a sign.
- n. Synonyms Prophecy, etc. See prediction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a statement made about the future
- n. a sign of something about to happen
- n. knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source)
Sorry, no etymologies found.