from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Knowledge or awareness of something before its existence or occurrence; prescience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Knowing beforehand, prescience, foresight, precognition
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Knowledge of a thing before it happens, or of whatever is to happen; prescience.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Knowledge that precedes the existence of the thing or the happening of the event known; prescience.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. knowledge of an event before it occurs
fore- + knowledge (Wiktionary)