from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Knowledge of actions or events before they occur; foresight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Knowledge of events before they take place; foresight; foreknowledge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Knowledge of events before they take place; foresight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Foreknowledge; previous knowledge; knowledge of events before they take place; foresight.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the power to foresee the future
From French prescience, from Latin praescientia. (Wiktionary)