from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of exploring: Arctic exploration; exploration of new theories.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of exploring
- n. Notably penetrating, or ranging over for purposes of (especially geographical) discovery
- n. A physical examination.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of exploring, penetrating, or ranging over for purposes of discovery, especially of geographical discovery; examination
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of exploring; search, examination, or investigation, especially for the purpose of discovery; specifically, the investigation of an unknown country or part of the earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. to travel for the purpose of discovery
- n. a careful systematic search
- n. a systematic consideration
Sorry, no etymologies found.