from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that explores, especially one that explores a geographic area.
- n. An implement or a tool used for exploring; a probe.
- n. A person aged 14-20 who is a participant in the exploring program of the Boy Scouts of America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who explores something
- n. A person who by means of travel (notably an expedition) searches out new information.
- n. Any of various hand tools, with sharp points, used in dentistry.
- n. A visual representation of a file system etc. through which the user can navigate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who explores; also, an apparatus with which one explores, as a diving bell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which explores: oftenest applied to a geographical worker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commercial browser
- n. someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)
to explore + -er. (Wiktionary)