from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that announces, especially a person who introduces programs, reads announcements, or provides commentary on television or radio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who makes announcements.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who announces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who announces or gives notice; a proclaimer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. reads news, commercials on radio or television
- n. someone who proclaims a message publicly
Sorry, no etymologies found.