from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who reviews, especially one who writes critical reviews, as for a newspaper or magazine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who writes critical reviews for a newspaper or other publication; a critic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who reviews or reëxamines; an inspector; one who examines publications critically, and publishes his opinion upon their merits; a professional critic of books.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who revises; a reviser.
- n. One who reviews or criticizes; especially, one who critically examines and passes judgment upon new publications; a writer of reviews.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
- n. a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day
Sorry, no etymologies found.