from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One whose occupation is journalism.
- n. One who keeps a journal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The keeper of a person journal, who writes in it regularly
- n. One whose occupation or is journalism, originally only writing in the printed press.
- n. A reporter, who professionally does living reporting on news and current events.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who keeps a journal or diary; a diarist.
- n. One whose occupation is to write for any of the public news media, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television, or internet; also, an editorial or other professional writer for a periodical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The writer of a journal or diary.
- n. A person who conducts a public journal or regularly writes for one; a newspaper editor, critic, or reporter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a writer for newspapers and magazines
- n. someone who keeps a diary or journal
From journal + -ist. (Wiktionary)