from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A writer, investigator, or presenter of news stories.
- n. Law A person who is authorized to write and issue official accounts of judicial or legislative proceedings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of report; someone or something that reports.
- n. A journalist who investigates, edits and reports news stories for newspapers, radio and television.
- n. A person who records and issues official reports of judicial or legislative proceedings.
- n. A case reporter; a bound volume of printed legal opinions from a particular jurisdiction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An officer or person who makes authorized statements of law proceedings and decisions, or of legislative debates.
- n. One who reports speeches, the proceedings of public meetings, news, etc., for the newspapers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who reports or gives an account.
- n. Specifically— One who draws up official statements of law proceedings and decisions, or of legislative debates.
- n. A member of the staff of a newspaper whose work is to collect and put in form for submission to the editors local information of all kinds, to give an account of the proceedings at public meetings, entertainments, etc., and, in general, to go upon any mission or quest for news, to interview persons whose names are before the public, and to obtain news for his paper in any other way that may be assigned to him by his chiefs.
- n. One who makes or signs a report, as of a committee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who investigates and reports or edits news stories
to report + -er (Wiktionary)