from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that dispatches, as:
- n. One that sends out trains, buses, trucks, or cars according to a schedule.
- n. Computer Science A routine that controls the order in which input and output devices obtain access to the processing system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. agent noun of dispatch; one who dispatches
- n. In a transportation organization, a person who controls the movements of vehicles
- n. A piece of software responsible for assigning priorities and resources to tasks waiting to be scheduled
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who dispatches.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. employee of a transportation company who controls the departures of vehicles according to weather conditions and in the interest of efficient service
- n. the official who signals the beginning of a race or competition
to dispatch + -er (Wiktionary)