from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that trades; a dealer: a gold trader; a trader in bonds.
- n. Nautical A ship employed in foreign trade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who gains a livelihood from trading goods or securities.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One engaged in trade or commerce; one who makes a business of buying and selling or of barter; a merchant; a trafficker
- n. A vessel engaged in the coasting or foreign trade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is engaged in trade or commerce; one whose business is buying and selling, or barter; one whose vocation it is to buy and sell again personal property for gain.
- n. A vessel employed regularly in any particular trade, whether foreign or coasting: as, an East Indian trader; a coasting trader.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
to trade + -er. (Wiktionary)