from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system of coordinated procedures for apprehending criminal suspects or other wanted persons.
- n. A net for trawling; a trawl.
- n. A net for catching small game.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A net dragged across the bottom of a body of water.
- n. Heightened efforts by law-enforcement personnel to capture suspects.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A net to be drawn along the bottom of a body of water, as in fishing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A net designed to be drawn on the bottom of a river or pond for taking fish, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conical fishnet dragged through the water at great depths
- n. a system of coordinated measures for apprehending (criminals or other individuals)
drag + net (Wiktionary)