from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A jagged wound or cut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An irregular open wound caused by a blunt impact to soft tissue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of lacerating.
- n. A breach or wound made by lacerating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of lacerating or tearing or rending.
- n. A rough or jagged breach made by rending.
- n. A wounding or harrowing, as of the feelings or sensibility.
- n. In Actinozoa, the formation of a new polyp by the separation of a portion of the basal expansion by contraction of the body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of lacerating
- n. a torn ragged wound
Sorry, no etymologies found.