from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by great or violent haste: in a tearing hurry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of tear.
- adj. very hasty
- n. The act by which something is torn; a laceration.
- n. Distortion of an animated display when the contents of the framebuffer are rendered while it contains portions of two or more frames.
- n. continuous shedding of tears; epiphora
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Great; rushing; tremendous; towering; ranting: as, a tearing passion; at a tearing pace. Also used adverbially.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid
- n. shedding tears
Sorry, no etymologies found.