from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Excellent; marvelous: had a ripping time at the party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of rip.
- adj. That rips, or can be removed by ripping.
- adj. Excellent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Splendid; very good; ‘stunning’: also used adverbially.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a sound of violent tearing as of something ripped apart or lightning splitting a tree
Probably from rip1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)