from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing or capable of causing emotional shock or loss of consciousness.
- adj. Of a strikingly attractive appearance.
- adj. Impressive: gave a stunning performance.
- adj. Surprising: The President's final decision came with stunning suddenness.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having an effect that stuns.
- adj. Exceptionally beautiful or attractive.
- adj. Amazing.
- v. Present participle of stun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Overpowering consciousness; overpowering the senses; especially, overpowering the sense of hearing; confounding with noise.
- adj. Striking or overpowering with astonishment, especially on account of excellence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or condition expressed by the verb stun; stupefaction.
- Very striking; astonishing, especially by fine quality or appearance; of a most admirable or wonderful kind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. strikingly beautiful or attractive
- adj. commanding attention
- adj. causing great astonishment and consternation
- adj. causing or capable of causing bewilderment or shock or insensibility
Sorry, no etymologies found.