from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of retrieving.
- n. Computer Science The process of accessing information from memory or other storage devices.
- n. The possibility of being retrieved or restored: lost possessions beyond retrieval.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of retrieving or something retrieved
- n. the operation of accessing data, either from memory or from a storage device
- n. the cognitive process of bringing stored information into consciousness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act retrieving.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of retrieving; recovery; restoration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
- n. the cognitive operation of accessing information in memory
- n. (computer science) the operation of accessing information from the computer's memory
Sorry, no etymologies found.