from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In the highest position, place, or rank: finished uppermost in the standings; the uppermost balcony.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. At, or nearest the top of something.
- adv. In the highest position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Highest in place, position, rank, power, or the like; upmost; supreme.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Highest in place; first in precedence: as, the uppermost seats.
- Highest in power; predominant; most powerful; first in force or strength.
- In the highest position or place; also, first in a series or in order of time.
- First in order of precedence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in or into the highest position
- adv. in or into the most prominent position, as in the mind
- adj. at or nearest to the top
upper + -most (Wiktionary)