from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unhappy state of mental or physical suffering.
- n. A state of prolonged misfortune, privation, or anguish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being wretched; utter misery.
- n. A wretched object; anything despicably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of a suffering wretch; a wretched or distressful state of being; great misery or affliction.
- n. Wretched character or quality; distressing, reprehensible, or despicable nature; aggravated or aggravating badness of any kind.
- n. That which is wretched or distressingly bad; wretched material, conduct, or the like; anything contemptible or despicable; wretched stuff.
- n. =Syn.1. Affliction, Grief, Sorrow, etc. See affliction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being poor and inferior and sorry
- n. a state of ill-being due to affliction or misfortune
- n. the character of being uncomfortable and unpleasant
wretched + -ness (Wiktionary)