from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Appalling or atrocious condition, quality, or behavior; monstrousness.
- n. An appalling or atrocious act, situation, or object, especially an act of unusual or illegal cruelty inflicted by an armed force on civilians or prisoners.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality or state of being atrocious; enormous wickedness; extreme criminality or cruelty.
- n. An extremely cruel act; a horrid act of injustice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Enormous wickedness; extreme heinousness or cruelty.
- n. An atrocious or extremely cruel deed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being atrocious; enormous wickedness; extreme criminality or cruelty.
- n. A specific act of extreme heinousness or cruelty; an atrocious deed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act of atrocious cruelty
- n. the quality of being shockingly cruel and inhumane
Sorry, no etymologies found.