from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being religious.
- n. Excessive or affected piety.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being religious or pious, especially when zealous or exaggerated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being religious; religious feeling or sentiment; religiousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Religiousness; the sentiment of religion; specifically, in recent use, an excessive susceptibility to the religious sentiments, especially wonder, awe, and reverence, unaccompanied by any corresponding loyalty to divine law in daily life; religious sentimentality.
- n. Religious exercise or service.
- n. Members of the religious orders.
- n. Synonyms piety, Holiness, etc. See religion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. exaggerated or affected piety and religious zeal
Sorry, no etymologies found.