from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Blurred, sort of smudged.
- adj. Like a thick smoke (such as is emitted by a smudge pot).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stained or blackened with smudge; smeared: as, a smudgy shop.
- Making a smudge or dense smoke: as, a smudgy fire.
- Stifling; close.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. smeared with something that soils or stains; these words are often used in combination
smudge + -y (Wiktionary)