from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Untidy, as in dress or appearance.
- adj. Marked by negligence; slipshod. See Synonyms at sloppy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having an untidy appearance; unkempt.
- adj. Careless or negligent; sloppy.
- adj. Unwashed, dirty, disorderly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the habits of a sloven; negligent of neatness and order, especially in dress.
- adj. Characteristic of a sloven; lacking neatness and order; evincing negligence.
- adv. a slovenly manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the habits of a sloven; negligent of dress or neatness; lazy; negligent: of persons: as, a slovenly man.
- Wanting neatness or tidiness; loose; negligent; careless: of things: as, a slovenly dress.
- Synonyms Untidy, dowdy, heedless, careless.
- In a slovenly manner; negligently; carelessly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. negligent of neatness especially in dress and person; habitually dirty and unkempt
sloven + -ly (Wiktionary)