from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing or apt to cause ruin; destructive.
- adj. Falling to ruin; dilapidated or decayed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Causing ruin; destructive, calamitous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing, or tending to cause, ruin; destructive; baneful; pernicious.
- adj. Characterized by ruin; ruined; dilapidated.
- adj. Composed of, or consisting in, ruins.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fallen to ruin; decayed; dilapidated.
- Composed of ruins; consisting in ruins.
- Destructive; baneful; pernicious; bringing or tending to bring ruin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing injury or blight; especially affecting with sudden violence or plague or ruin
- adj. extremely harmful; bringing physical or financial ruin
Sorry, no etymologies found.