from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of harming or killing by or as if by poison; toxic or venomous.
- adj. Containing a poison.
- adj. Marked by apparent ill will: "poisonous hate . . . in his eyes” ( Ernest Hemingway).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing sufficient poison to be dangerous
- adj. Inedible due to containing poison; poisonous to eat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the qualities or effects of poison; venomous; baneful; corrupting; noxious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the properties of a poison; containing poison; venomous; hence, corrupting, vitiating, or impairing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not safe to eat
- adj. marked by deep ill will; deliberately harmful
- adj. having the qualities or effects of a poison
From poison + -ous (Wiktionary)