from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing nausea; sickening: "the most nauseous offal fit for the gods” ( John Fowles).
- adj. Usage Problem Affected with nausea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Causing nausea; sickening or disgusting.
- adj. Afflicted with nausea; sick.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Causing, or fitted to cause, nausea; sickening; loathsome; disgusting; exciting abhorrence.
- adj. Feeling nausea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Exciting or fitted to excite nausea; turning the stomach; disgusting; loathsome.
- Happily it was not every Speaker that was like Rich whose extant addresses to the king are nauseous compliments on his majesty's gifts ot nature, fortune, and grace.
- Synonyms Sickening, revolting, repulsive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit
- adj. causing or able to cause nausea
From Latin nauseosus, corresponding to nausea + -ous. (Wiktionary)