from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking cheer; depressing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. devoid of cheer; gloomy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without joy, gladness, or comfort.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without joy, gladness, or comfort; gloomy; destitute of anything to enliven or animate the spirits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. causing sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
Sorry, no etymologies found.