from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inspiring or capable of inspiring strong emotion; moving. See Synonyms at moving.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing strong feelings and emotions.
- v. Present participle of affect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving the emotions; fitted to excite the emotions; pathetic; touching
- adj. Affected; given to false show.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Loving; affectionate.
- Using affectation; affected.
- Having power to excite or move the feelings; tending to move the affections; pathetic: as, an affecting spectacle; an affecting speech.
- Synonyms Moving, touching, impressive, stirring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. arousing affect
From affect1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)