from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to emotion: the emotive aspect of symbols.
- adj. Characterized by, expressing, or exciting emotion: an emotive trial lawyer; the emotive issue of gun control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to emotion
- adj. appealing to one's emotions
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Attended by, or having the character of, emotion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Producing or marked by or manifesting emotion; of an emotional character.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by emotion
Sorry, no etymologies found.