from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving by itself; self-propelling or self-propelled.
- adj. Of or relating to self-propelled vehicles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the ability to move by itself; self-propelled or self-propelling.
- adj. Of, or relating to motor vehicles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to the automobile.
- adj. containing within itself the means of propulsion or movement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Propelled by its own power; automobile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to motor vehicles
- adj. containing within itself the means of propulsion or movement
auto- + motive. (Wiktionary)