from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Cool or cold enough to cause shivering. See Synonyms at cold.
- adj. Seized with or feeling cold; shivering.
- adj. Distant and cool; unfriendly: a chilly look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Cold enough to cause shivering; or suddenly feeling cold
- adj. Unfriendly or distant and cool
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moderately cold; cold and raw or damp so as to cause shivering; causing or feeling a disagreeable sensation of cold, or a shivering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Experiencing the sensation of chilliness; chilled.
- Producing the sensation of cold; chilling; especially, so cold as to produce the sensation of shivering.
- Cold; chill.
- Wanting zeal, animation, or heartiness; indifferent; cold; frigid: as, a chilly reception.
- In a chill or chilly manner; coldly; with coldness.
- n. See chilli.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. very hot and finely tapering pepper of special pungency
- adj. not characterized by emotion
- adj. lacking warmth of feeling
- adj. appreciably or disagreeably cold
chill + -y (Wiktionary)