from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Producing or characterized by frost; freezing. See Synonyms at cold.
- adj. Covered with or as if with frost.
- adj. Silvery white; hoary.
- adj. Cold in manner: a frosty look; a frosty farewell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Cold, chilly.
- adj. Having frost on it.
- adj. Having an aloof or inhospitable manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Attended with, or producing, frost; having power to congeal water; cold; freezing.
- adj. Covered with frost.
- adj. Chill in affection; without warmth of affection or courage.
- adj. Appearing as if covered with hoarfrost; white; gray-haired.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Attended with or producing frost; so cold as to congeal water: as, frosty weather.
- Affected or injured by frost; containing or penetrated by frost; frozen; cold; dull.
- Figuratively, chill; chilling; without warmth, as of spirits, affection, or courage; tending to repel; discouraging; depressing.
- Resembling hoar frost; white; gray.
- Specifically, in entomology, glistening like hoar frost: an appearance generally due to minute white hairs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
- adj. covered with frost
- adj. pleasantly cold and invigorating
Sorry, no etymologies found.