from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Causing vomiting.
- n. An agent that causes vomiting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. causing nausea and vomiting
- n. an agent that induces vomiting
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inducing to vomit; exciting the stomach to discharge its contents by the mouth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inducing vomiting.
- n. A medicine that induces vomiting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medicine that induces nausea and vomiting
Late Latin emeticos, from Greek emetikos, from emetos, vomiting, from emein, to vomit; see wemə- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Ancient Greek ἔμετος (emetos, "sickness") (Wiktionary)