from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. One that cleanses.
- n. The process of removing dirt, toxins etc.
- v. Present participle of cleanse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Adapted to cleanse and purify; designed for or devoted to purifying.
- n. The act of making clean; cleaning; purification.
- n. That which is removed in cleaning; dirt or refuse removed; specifically, the placenta or afterbirth: usually applied to animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making something clean
- adj. acting like an antiseptic
- adj. cleansing the body by washing; especially ritual washing of e.g. hands
Sorry, no etymologies found.